Pages

Translate

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happiness Marketing


I came across an article recently that talked about Happiness Marketing.  I was pleasantly surprised when the author mentioned our Kaiser THRIVE ads as the perfect example of Happiness Marketing.  Pretty cool.

You can read the full article here, but I'll post the Kaiser part below.

The most recent find has been these new Kaiser Permanente radio commercials.   They are just wonderful (as we gush, please note we here at Positivity Works! have no affiliation with any advertisers we mention. We just heart things sometimes).  The campaign focuses on well-being and are entitled ”Thrive”.  Kaiser touts them as supporting the mind, body and spirit.  Each one spreads a positive message about mental and physical health in an engaging and educational way.

There is one about the healing and mood boosting powers of music and assigns you a “sonic prescription” for using music as self-care when you’re feeling down.  And the play therapist in me absolutely loves the one that tells you to “put the play back in your day” and how play (i.e. doing the things you love) can keep you young and healthy.
There is another about how happy people “tend to be happier” and they give us some statistics about it and great ideas too!  My favorite line…”Is it just me, or do happy people seem to get all the breaks?”  The ad seems to be making a point about self-fulfilling prophecies (mental health jargon) and the idea that if you believe that you can be happy and that things will go well for you, they will.  Love it.  (Did that blow your mind? Yes, we know.  Big thinking goes on here *insert smug smile*).

To check out the ads mentioned and get exposed to some great resources that benefit your overall health, click on the links below and check out the Kaiser Permanente Thrive websitehere.



You can also view some of the KP Thrive ads here.

I love our Kaiser Thrive ads.  Not only do they remind me of all of the great work we do to help our members stay healthy, but they give me the gentle nudge I need to remember to take care of myself as well. 

Be happy.  Be well.  Thrive!


happy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment